Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Bangalore, India

IBM-India Photo essay is at: http://bangalorephotos.blogspot.com/ "Tetanus shot, Malaria pills, Polio vaccine and various other medical preparations = $300.00 First Class ticket to Bangalore = $5000.00 Panasonic digital camera = 150.00 Pounds A Bottle of Kingfisher Beer = Rs 100 Being Chauffeur driven in India = Rs 250 per hour Getting together with Rob, Kevin, George, Eric, Danny, Richie, Nelson, Brian, Steve, Marty,Tim, Jeff, Greg, Paul, Franklin and the rest of this fantastic crew to do what we do best, (make shit happen) on the other side of the Globe = PRICELESS. This has truely been an experience that I will never forget and one that I am very greatful to have worked on. The precious memories that I have walked away with, from Bangalore India June, 2006 can never be matched. From every wire to every piece of equipment, From every drop of rain to every ant & mosquito From every curried piece of lamb to every sacred cow From every sinking feeling of ( oh my God this has got to be the worst disaster I have ever been involved with) to the most satisfying feeling of triumph while hearing Rob Anderson say "That's a wrap". These memories will always be considered by me to be a priceless treasure of experiences. " Jeff "OZ" Osborne June 13, 2006 "Just wanted to drop a quick note to you all to thank you for an extremely difficult job very well done by every one of you. I actually don't think I could dream up more bizarre technical challenges to throw at a crew, equipment much needed not every existing or trickling in with no notice, endlessly patching, repatching, patching around-under-through stuff that is mismatched and not what we needed for the job at all. Couple that with no air conditioning, too much air conditioning, working in a bathroom for crying outloud, and a whole building that was determined to kill my audio team, and the whole thing turns into something that is written and directed by Tim Burton.But you guys pulled through with the best attitude and work ethic I could have ever asked for, even Marty(last one for this job I promise).So, on we go to the next. Oh yeah, Tim, I know this was your first one with this bunch. Aside from dealing with Marty, they usually aren't this hard (I lied)." Eric Ketchum

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home